Annual Clean-Up Day
8:00am - 12:00pm
Niwot High School
The Niwot Community Association will hold its annual Clean Up Day at Niwot High School from 8am to 12pm or until the dumpsters are full.
The event is free for NCA members; non-members will pay a $40 per carload fee.
- Residential Spring Cleanup
- Divert trash from landfill
- Yard Waste
- Scrap Metal
- Water-based Paint
- Electronics **
- Mattresses & Boxsprings **
(** Extra fee required, see below)
We DO NOT accept
- Household Garbage
- Cardboard, Glass, Aluminum Recycling
- Please deposit in recycling bins on 79th St.
- Refrigerators, air conditioners, freezers
- Motorized Equipment with Gas or Oil
- Construction Debris (e.g. dry wall)
- Oil Based Paints
- Hazardous and/or Hard to Recycle Items
- Animal Waste
- Automobile Tires
- CFL/Fluorescent Tubes
- Waste from businesses – e.g. contractor trash
Limits and additional fees:
- Two Free Trash Loads; 1 Load = Standard sized pickup at bed level
- Additional Trash Runs at $25 per load; Compare this to $48 to $85 what Western Disposal would charge.
- Recycling at no charge, except as noted
- $40 per Trash Load
- LCD TVs: $10 each
- Tube TVs < 30″: $20 each
- Small electronics: FREE
- Boxspring or mattress; $15 each
Changes from Previous Years:
Swap Area Eliminated
In spite of our best intentions and efforts to provide a worthwhile way to recycle used, but reusable household items in years past, most of the items placed in the Swap Area get thrown away at the end of Clean Up Day. This year please contact Salvation Army, ARC, Humane Society or similar organizations to donate your reusable items. We will no longer have a Swap Area!
Waiver required for all attendees!
Come help for a 2 hour shift
Numerous roles – can accommodate preferences/restrictions
Meet your neighbors
Bring a friend
Please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and/or visiting our volunteer page.