Why Not Niwot? Art Show - Deadline for Submissions
9:00am - 5:30pm
Osmosis Art Gallery
The Why Not Niwot? Juried Art Show is an annual celebration of the arts and all things Niwot.
How it works
Each year local and regional artists submit works depicting the look, feel, and/or essence of the Niwot community, a vibrant and vintage Colorado town on the Front Range. The entries are on display all over town April-May. Locals and visitors pick up a map of locations, visit each piece, and vote on their favorites. In June we announce two overall winners: First place as chosen by the selection committee, and first place as chosen by the people — as well as 2nd & 3rd place by the art show jury.
$500 Grand Prize — $250 2nd Place — $100 3rd Place
$100 People’s Choice Award
Information for Entries
- Winning piece will be used to market the 2020 Niwot Art Walk
- 2-D medium—no size requirement!
- Properly framed (depending on medium) and ready for hanging
- Artworks will be displayed in various businesses around Niwot
- All pieces should feature the uniqueness of Niwot!
Deadline: April 15, 2020
- Nonrefundable entry fee of $30 for up to three entries, $15 for each additional entry over the first three. Mail check (made out to NCAA) and application to: Osmosis Gallery, PO box 1024, Niwot, CO 80544.
- Work to be juried by digital images. Crop image excluding framing and background and Email jpeg to: email@example.com
- Images must represent the work exactly
- Label digital files with artist’s name, name of entry, dimensions and retail price
- Commission: All work in the exhibition will be offered for sale. Businesses hosting the work will retain a 40% commission on sales
- Include description of why your picture features the uniqueness of Niwot
April 15th: Deadline for submissions
April 20th: Notification of Acceptance
April 23rd: Drop off of entries at osmosis gallery
Entries will be on display during the May First Friday Art Walk
May 1st Niwot Art Walk: Opening Reception
- People’s Choice voting begins, continues through May 30th
May 30tht: Exhibition Closes
June 1st: Artists pick up art at businesses
Grand Prize winner and People’s Choice winners will be notified and their pieces kept for the June 5th Niwot Art Walk and Awards ceremony